Reception – 01424 755355 option 3

Sick certificates

You only need a doctor’s note (Med3) if you are unable to work and are ill for longer than seven calendar days. Your employer will provide you with an SC2 self-certificate form for shorter periods of illness.

In order to be able to issue a Med3 certificate we will need to know: –

  1. Medical condition that requires a Med3
  2. Your type of employment and how this affects your work
  3. Start date of certificate ( please note we cannot predate this)
  4. Requested end date( this is at the discretion of the doctor issuing the certificate)
  5. If you are asking for an extension we will need some information about the ongoing symptoms/ problems/ progress

You can complete a form online and print it off using this link