You only need a doctor’s note (Med3) if you are unable to work and are ill for longer than seven calendar days. Your employer will provide you with an SC2 self-certificate form for shorter periods of illness.
In order to be able to issue a Med3 certificate we will need to know: –
- Medical condition that requires a Med3
- Your type of employment and how this affects your work
- Start date of certificate ( please note we cannot predate this)
- Requested end date( this is at the discretion of the doctor issuing the certificate)
- If you are asking for an extension we will need some information about the ongoing symptoms/ problems/ progress